Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cardio-Mania

Wow have I been busy lately...

I recently took a trip to Edinburgh Scotland. I have been in a really good running place lately and was really hoping to break my PR in a half marathon, which was 2:51 and change. I was successful. I ran the Scotland Half Marathon in 2:45:30. That is an average of 12:30 min/mil. I utilized the 1/1 run/walk interval method that I have been using for quite a while. I thought I would post my mile splits, just to show that it works. You don't have to run the whole thing to have a good finish.

Mile 1: 12:10
Mile 2: 12:16
Mile 3: 11:55 (yes you read that right)
Mile 4: 11:54 (how about that for consistency)
Mile 5: 12:18
Mile 6: 12:32
Mile 7: 12:23
Mile 8: 12:18
Mile 9: 12:27
Mile 10: 13:04 (yup the slow steady incline)
Mile 11: 12:48
Mile 12: 13:28 (yeah i was getting tired, no excuse, but..)
Mile 13: 13:02
the .1: 2: 50 (My garmin actually registered it as .23)

I guess you could say that Scotland agreed with me:



It was an absolutely fantastic trip. I had a great time. I got to hang out with great friends. I got to see amazing things and sites...it was incredible.











Now what? I know you are dying to know what's next for Dr. Sandra Wright...

I am 2 weeks out from participating in the Oklahoma Free Wheel. I completed my longest bike ride to date: 70 miles. I am very happy to report that I am still able to stand and sit..my tail bone is a little tender but not excruciatingly sore as I anticipated. I averaged about 11.6 mph pace on the bike over the distance, which I was okay with. I am excited to participate in Tulsa Tough next weekend and then it's off to Hugo Oklahoma for the border (TX) to border (MO) ride.

No comments: