Friday, October 31, 2008

New Territory

Well I was frantically beckoned up to KU to meet with my mentor about my dissertation this week. It seems that I wasn't being thorough enough. What does that mean? Well that my next several weekends will be spent staring at fun and exciting journal articles and this lovely screen...ughh.. But, after my meeting yesterday and my frantic runarounds KU to try to get back on the motivation train for this lovely finish line to PhD land (i swear it's worse than any thought of ever doing a marathon) I decided to trek out into unknown land this morning for a light jog. I have been working out with a trainer, and well let's just say I don't think I have ever used any muscles in my body EVER. So my legs and arms and back were quite sore for the rigorous workout Wednesday morning, but I figured warm up the muscles they'll feel better... My 3 1/4 mile jaunt this morning was quite slow (i swear i could only get out about a 4" stride), but it was fun to run on streets I didn't really know where they went or if there were hills or not. Once i got back to the place I am staying I looked at the trusty Garmin and had indeed completed over 3 miles...I was in shock. Overall a great way to start the day!

2 comments:

Ethiopian Elites said...

Welcome to blogland. I can feel your sore muscles. A couple weeks ago I lifted some weights, which I haven't done for years, and it took days before I felt halfway normal again. I wish you well with your dissertation.

BOCA said...

Thanks so much. It is true though..the pain will subside and hopefully my muscles are getting stronger which in the long run will hopefully improve my running game....