Monday, February 23, 2009

Injuries STINK!!!

Well I was lucky enough to get the bunny slippers, I mean slipper on Thursday evening. It has been a rough week. My last post describes the pain I had in my hip. I went to my chiropractor twice last week. Turns out that my hip pain was stemming from the fact that my pelvic boned had rocked out of place (shifted forward). So he did 2 adjustments. On Friday, I felt wonderful and worked out with my trainer. As I was doing my 2nd round of squats, I felt my hip get a little tight, but not sore. So I did as the doctor ordered and did NO running on the weekend. It was very hard not to run. My mind and body are so used to the running routing that without it I feel kinda blah. It's amazing how much running helps the mind. I was so pumped for today to head out with Bobby's Bunch for a short loop around Zink lake. Well I think the 11th street bridge has something against me, as I stepped across it tonight at around the 1.15 mile, one step on my right foot, and I felt my hip just pop out of place. UGHH!!! Here we go again. I am back to the chiropractor tomorrow for another adjustment. I guess the good news is that the hip pain is nearly as painful as it was the first time, so that's improvement right? We'll see if I am back to walking restriction. The bunny slipper has had quite an adventurous time even if there was very little running involved. Pictures to come...

3 comments:

Christal Pellerin said...

Hang in there. I've been on the sidelines since January 3rd with a fractured femur (near the hip) and it's better to just stay off of it. Dont end up on crutches like me. Take care of yourself :)

Bobby said...

What a bummer not to be able to run. I suggest you keep bringing that cute dog out for some nice walking til you recover. Walking is a wonderful exercise and we would miss you if you weren't there.

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

i had a great time walking with you and Boca.