Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My dog gets his first award

Boca is quite proud of his trophy for heeling and coming to an automatic sit the quickest. I have to share the ironic part of the whole class and getting the trophy, is I seem to have the dog that would be labeled the "class clown" granted he gets a lot of cute points, but following structure is not his strong suite. So, why include this on a blog about running and fitness. Well I figure if my class clown dog can pull out a trophy, then I can surely complete my scheduled 13.1 miles in April.

My past week of running has been pretty good. Saturday included a run of 6 miles through the streets of south tulsa. I enjoyed the run and the route. I felt that I kept up a decent pace and if I had to I felt like I could have done another mile if needed. The Monday was a very nice evening, a little windy here and there, but people were busting out the shorts because the weather has turned so warm and spring like. I was chugging along at a 12 min/mile for the first mile then Michael and Ken caught up with me. Dana was a little ahead of me so Ken forged ahead to catch up with Dana and run with her and Michael and I continued on with good conversation on how the KU Jayhawks killed OSU in basketball, and of course that also included picking up the pace a little. The 4 of us decided to do the full 4.4 mile Zink lake loop, it was such a nice evening. I finished the 4.27 miles in 51:10 which was about a 12 min/mile pace overall. On Tuesday the weather was a little sketchy, but since I didn't have to teach that night, I headed out to meet up with the Runners World crew. I opted for 3.15 miles because of the wind and weather conditions, again was a decent run for myself, with an average of 12 min/mile average. This morning, I had a great arm workout with trainer Andrew. It was brutal, but better than squats on a Bosu ball. Then Boca and I headed to Dog school which as you can see yielded great results as well.

I hope everyone has had a great week!

2 comments:

T Z said...

Racking up the miles, Sandra! Way to go!

Bobby said...

Way to go Boca. Sandra, your 13.1 will have a nice finishers metal waiting for you.