Monday, February 2, 2009

A Noteworthy Run (yes again)

Oh my goodness!! Tonight was surreal run for me. First, the weather was great, 50 degrees with very little wind. As Bobby's Bunch was saying tonight, what a difference a week makes. There were about 10 of us out tonight at 21st and Riverside. Everyone pretty much decided to do the 3 mile loop rather than the full Zink lake loop, except Deon, Tom (I think that's his name) and Jennifer (I think that's her name). Well we headed out and I was kinda hanging with Chrissy and Michael..and if you haven't seen Chrissy's new shoes just wait...they are AWESOME!! Well Chrissy decided to give her new shoes a true spin and bolted off...Michael was kind enough to hang with me...we figured when we crossed the 11th street bridge, Chrissy had to be about a half mile ahead of us. Can you say Go Go Gadget shoes!!?? As we crossed the bridge, the good ol' Garmin chimed that it had been a mile. I looked down and exclaimed to Michael that it had to be one of my fastest miles ever...we clocked in at 11:40...Well then mile 2 went flying by and when the watch chimed...it read 23:22, I exclaimed again (just as Michael), I have never ever run 2 miles in under 24 minutes prior to this evening. So we kept on trucking...Chrissy was nice enough to loop back and meet us around the wooden bridge on the west side. We trekked up and over the 21st street bridge. About 1/2 way across the bridge, I knew I was pushing my limit...breathing was getting a little harder, but I knew I was so close to the end I just kept on going. Well I wound up finishing the 3 miles in 34:55. I exclaimed numerous times (yes you can ask Michael again)...then I was almost speechless...I know very hard to imagine that, but it's true. I never imagined I would finish 3 miles in under 36 minutes no less 35 minutes...I just felt the need to blog this run, because today really exemplified for me that we are all capable of more than we think we can do or be.....

I will miss the Runners World group run on Tuesday because of the night class I teach, but hope to get my miles in at some point during the day. I feel very out of touch with the Runners World group since I missed all of the group runs last week. I am feeling anxious and looking forward to the 6 miles on Saturday...will be another great adventure I am sure.

4 comments:

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

sounds like you all had fun! congrats on your times. you are doing awesome!

Bobby said...

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. Way to go.
It was nice that there wasn't any ice to contend with.

Unknown said...

Way to run, great job Sandra!

Michael said...

She was extremely excited about her fast time it was great to run it with her.