Monday, March 9, 2009

Back in the Saddle (or Running shoes as the case may be)

After a two week hiatus from running thanks to a pesky hip injury, I have been able to get back into running the routes. Thursday I was given the okay from the doc to start some interval running. So I did the 3 miles Thursday running a 1/2 mile then walking 1/2 mile. I made it through the whole 3 miles, as did Boca, and didn't have any excess pain. My muscles were letting me know that they hadn't done that in a while. I woke up Friday morning a little worried that I would have some residual soreness or pain from Thursday's adventure, but nothing. Worked out with the trainer on Friday and it was a high cardio day (rowing and running), and again no incidence. Saturday was "long run" day, but fortunately it was a cut back week, so my group was scheduled to do 4 miles. I did interval running again, this time running a mile then walking 1/2 mile...again Boca and I made it through the 4 miles, running 3 and walking 1, without much incidence. I have been applying the heat/ice every night and it seems to be working. Went to the doc again today. He says I am about 95%. Went out with Bobby's Bunch tonight and ran 2.00 straight then walked 1/4 mile through the grass part and finished with .75 run. I think I am getting back in the groove..Yeah!! It's amazing how quick we lose everything we work so hard to build up..I did it once I can do it again.

4 comments:

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

YAY! I am so excited for you! :)

Bobby said...

You looked like you were back in the saddle to me. Good job.

Susan Michaels said...

I am so happy that you can run again. I know you will be back to your running speed in no time.

meg said...

Keep up the good work!!!