Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Trail Run



After completing 13.15 miles at the snake run today...I feel like my profile should be something like this:
However, such is not the case...in truth, I will be quite content sitting on my butt watching basketball for the next 36 hours or so. I need to send thanks to Carmen and Sam who did the 13.15 miles with me. It was so nice just to chit chat on the first loop. The second loop wasn't so much chit chatting but watching some of the amazing people doing loop after loop like it was nothing. Before the run, Brian made the comment "If you look up, you'll go down", I have to say that he was right...I am not real sure what happened but I wound up "going down" at mile 9. Have a couple of great bruises on my left knee and leg...woulda taken a picture but they aren't blue enough to truly capture the owie. Really doesn't hurt that bad...or it could just be that all of my muscles are hurting so I don't even notice one little bruise. I had a great time on this run. I loved the laid back atmoshpere and the great support from all the runners. Thanks TZ for putting on such a fun run! I can't believe I did a 1/2 marathon on a trail today. Took me 3 hours 21 minutes and 55 seconds, but considering I haven't run longer than 7 miles in the past 2 years...I am very proud of myself and feel it was quite an accomplishment. Boo to the snakes I say!

4 comments:

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

Great job on your race today! I am jealous of everyone that ran. I just had Jason massage my foot as it has gotten worse throughout the day. I actually have a little bump sticking up so something is out of place. Even hurts when I am just sitting. Oh well. Back to Dr. Z on Tuesday. Enough about that. You should sign up for Lake McMurtry 25k! You will do great! I have heard the trail is easier then today's run. Just take it slow and you will get a great long run in.

Bobby said...

I'll bet you have confidence for Oklahoma City now. It was nice to witness your accomplishment. Great job.

T Z said...

Nice job, Sandra. You had a big grin on your face all day. Ya made it look easy.

meg said...

I love the picture, that is hysterical!!!! Happy trails to you!!!!!!!!!