Saturday, January 24, 2009

Brrrr...

That's about all I could muster this morning during the run. It really wasn't too bad for the first 2.5 miles as I was headed South, but as soon as I turned around and headed north for the 2nd 2.5 miles, oh my gosh was it cold. I heard on the news this morning that it was 21 degrees air temperature with a windchill of 8. What on earth am I doing out there hitting the pavement? Oh yea, trying to better my health and get prepared for a half marathon in April.

It really wasn't too awful. I did my 5.25 miles in about an hour and seven minutes. Definitely not the speediest of times, but given the fact I have done 5 miles in I don't know how long and the weather conditions, I am just thankful to say I did my mileage today. Overall it was a great week of health and exercise for me. I ran 3 miles Monday evening, 4 miles Tuesday in between teaching 3 classes, worked out with the trainer on Wednesday, 3 miles Thursday, worked out with the trainer Friday, and finished the week out with a 5.25 mile run on Saturday. I am really looking forward to a day of rest and putting together powerpoints.

I will be embarking on a big adventure over the course of the next week as I have to defend the whole idea behind my dissertation on Friday. So I hope that the weather cooperates to get all of the runs in this week to help keep the stress to a minimum.

2 comments:

powerma said...

Good luck on your dissertation defence.

Bobby said...

I think the cold weather made me finish faster on Saturday. I sure didn't want to stop and walk so I kept on chugging along and had a decent finish time.