Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009

I highly recommend Race Into the New Year for anyone that is looking for something fun an invigorating to do to bring in the New Year! I think it's wonderful how great the turnout was for the run!

I have managed to run 4 days in a row this week. Mon, Tue, Wed, and Thurs. My run this afternoon was atrocious, but I went with the theory...it's good to get the miles in. I will enjoy taking a "rest" day tomorrow. I have 3 resolutions for myself in 2009, and thought I'd throw them here on my blog to keep track of..and to be accountable for...

1) I want to run at least 500 miles over the course of the year
2) During 2009 I want to lose at least 25 pounds
3) I want to finish up my Ph.D.

All seem manageable and feasible. I hope everyone had a wonderful first day of 2009. Best of luck during the year!!!

3 comments:

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

WOW. You have run alot this week. Good job! Great new years goals. Good luck to you!

Unknown said...

Hey Sandra, missed seeing you this past week! I have been on vacation, but I ran Tues. and Thurs. like usual just not with the awesome runners world group! I plan on being there tomorrow morning for the Sat. run on riverside. Your 2009 goals are good ones and you will obtain them! C-you in the a.m.

Ethiopian Elites said...

Hey Sandra, I didn't see the Gatts in Ozawkie, but my brother-in-law, with whom I was staying, is the worship pastor at their church.

I ran two days there. Three laps around the town the first day and two laps the second day. It sure is hilly!