Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I will be a marathon finisher...

Dear Sandra,

Congratulations! You are now registered for 2010 Walt Disney World Marathon. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://www.disneyworldmarathon.com.

Holy Cow!! I can't believe I've done it. I have registered for a marathon. It is a year away so hopefully shoudl be totally doable. I am so excited (and a tad nervous) about this adventure!! I really had a great run last night with the Monday Night Bunch. I am going to affectionally call the Monday night group "Bobby's Bunch". It was fun to run Zink Lake backwards, not that we ran backwards, but we ran clockwise instead of counterclockwise. Fortunately the change of direction allowed us to hit the boat house just as the TU Crew team was cleaning up and doing some exercises. You can check out the Runners World Blog for some great pics. It was so nice of Bobby, Kathy, Michael, and Ken to slow their pace so that I could hang with the group during the last 1.5 miles.

I will be taking my first Tuesday night off of running in a very very long time to attend the Tulsa vs. Memphis basketball game. I figure I need to have some school spirit. I hope everyone enjoys themselves and has a great time!


2 comments:

Bobby said...

Who says I slowed down. That is about my normal pace. You are doing great. Give yourself credit for your hard work.

Unknown said...

Missed you Tuesday night, sorry TU lost though.

Congrats on registering for your first marathon!