Saturday, January 10, 2009

Old Stomping Grounds...

Here are some of the ladies I ran with this morning while in Lawrence for a funeral. The one in the bright green grinch hat, Shannon, was my running coach when I first started getting "serious" about running. It was nice to have someone give me a nice route and a group to meet to get my butt up in the morning. I do have to say that the 20 degree temps and single digit windchills were a tad bit unpleasant, but...Overall was a great 4 miler for me. The pace was a tad bit slow for me, but I took TATUR Dave's advice and decided since I was adding the mile this week I would slow myself a tad to make sure I could complete it all. It felt great! I missed the Runners World chatter, but thanks to Ken's great job as a paparazzi I can see it looked like a fun run around the Swan Lake area.


We are heading off to hit the roads of Lawrence...I did my job of bringing up the rear...only because throughout the run I felt that my thighs and butt were numb the entire time...I LOVE THE WINTER (yeah not really...)...

I am looking forward to hitting the pavement next week, pending no ice...

3 comments:

Susan Michaels said...

glad you got to run. You were missed though.

Bobby said...

Looks c-c-c-cold. I have yet to run while traveling. Hope to some day.

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

oh i love lawrence. my brother went to KU. i am planning on running the free state trail marathon in april there. sounds like you had a fun time!