Saturday, January 17, 2009

What a Beautiful Saturday!!

This morning was a great morning! Although I did have a little trouble getting over "the sleepies". I have given up soda and caffeine in an attempt to win the Biggest Loser competition at TU (could win $500). I am hoping the feeling of being super tired will pass...I can only imagine how Candice feels being pregnant and tired all the time. It's torture to feel like you have no energy. Anyway...

Thursday night was down right frigid. I am not sure what I was thinking heading out in 11 degrees. Well i was thinking "i am going just to say i went and was there". Really the temps weren't that bad once you got going. However, given my wonderful training session focus on thighs, butts, and quads on Wednesday my legs felt like lead. So it took me like 43 minutes to finish my 3 miles, where lately my average has been closer to 38 minutes for 3 miles. I do feel fortunate though that I am physically able to go out there and get 3 miles in regardless of how long it takes me.

This morning we were scheduled for a 4-mile run. I was feeling a little anxious about it given my struggles on Thursday. However, I woke up this morning and was excited to see the sunshine. I trekked over to Runners World and everyone there was buzzed with excitement and ready to hit the path. So I started to feel that internal excitement too about getting the heart rate up and doing something good for my body (which hopefully will also help me win the $$ in the Biggest Loser competition :) ). I so appreciate the Runners World group...the energy and camaraderie just helps so much. I usually run solo, with whatever is playing on my ipod, as even at a slow pace it's difficult for me to have a conversation while running, but love that there are all these other people around me setting and reaching their running goals. It's just great! I was able to complete my 4 miles in 49:35 which was very exciting for me since both of my 4 mile runs last week were over 50 minutes. Go me! I even treated myself to one of the new awesome Black Runners World long sleeve tech shirts and an "appropriate" running jacket for these cooler days.

I will be sad to miss the group run on Tuesday, as I will be teaching my class. Can't wait to see the Monday crowd. This next is supposed to bring some great weather so I am really looking forward to some "comfortable" outside times!! Best to you all!

No comments: