Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bloom Where you are Planted

All I can say in my blog tonight is I am so proud of myself for getting my butt outside yesterday in unbelievable winds to do a 2.7 mile outing and tonight in unbelievable wind and an 18 degree windchill to do a 3.1 mile outing. I was out doing a residency school year visit in Pawnee with one of my former students from KU and was taking in the cold air and drizzle and just thinking I can't possibly go for a run tonight. Well 4:30 hit and my doggie wanted to go out to do his thing. Now you may think doing his thing involves restroom behavior...oh no..my dog likes to head out to run circles around the front yard as fast and as many as he can before he gets dizzy. This sounds crazy..but I thought..if my dog can enjoy running mad in this weather so can I...so I changed clothes and off to Riverside I went. Now some might perceive me as "anti-social", although I do have some social anxiety, I decided to walk the bears early just to not let myself get to cold from standing. So when I finished walking the bears it was time to start running..and off I went. It was a slow run, but today I am not worried about time, I am just so proud I went out and ran....

Congratulations to all of you other crazy Runners World crew who were out there braving the conditions as well....We have all been somehow planted here in good ol' OK with some crazy weather...and I think it's great there are so many trying to help their health and running bloom...

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Glad you made it out. I hated the wind but the run felt great. Keep an eye on the newspaper.