Saturday, December 27, 2008

No Catchy Title..

Sharon proudly standing in the rain as she heads out for her first run with the Runners World crew!


I have no creativeness today to come up with a catchy title for the blog. It has been the typical holiday whirlwind. I woke up Christmas morning and decided to do my 3 mile run early. I am cat-sitting at my parents house while they are at my brother's for the holidays. I forgot how hilly it is around their house. I still managed a good time and it was a good run. New surroundings help sometimes I think, although i do like the same route to know "how much further" at certain landmarks too. I was so excited about today's run because I was going to bring my friend Sharon, who I met in the 2nd grade..that's right about 11 years ago...Of course this morning's weather was a little sketchy. Sharon calls at 7:00 and says "I can't run in this", I of course then said "oh it will pass see ya in about 30 minutes". We arrived at Runners World and we waited with great anticipation as the lightning did eventually subside. Off we went. It was a fantastic run. I actually don't mind running in the rain, I find it someone calming. Maybe that's because you don't realize how much you are sweating you just assume it's all rain :). Anyhow. It was a great 3 miles. I am hoping that Sharon and I can crash the Monday at 5:30 group that runs Zink lake area....so great to catch up with friends you have know most of your life!!

I do feel the need to post some great pictures from Christmas...my dog's first Christmas with me. He absolutely thought the idea of tearing paper apart should happen once a month rather than once a year.
It was all about holding with one paw while pulling with the teeth.

My parents' cat, Hannah, was watching Boca wondering if he got something she could "borrow".

Can you spot the cat? Hannah found this great game to play. She buried herself in the paper (see the white paws under the red paper) and Boca would bark...he knew she was in the room but couldn't figure out how to get under the paper. I probably shouldn't share that part...as I am always bragging how smart my dog is...Then Boca and I went to visit my grandmother, she LOVES dogs. Who do you think is having more fun?

1 comment:

Susan Michaels said...

Your dog and the cat are so cute.
I was a wimp and stayed home out of the rain yesterday. Sorry to have missed your friend coming to run but I know your were a great inspiration to her.
I don't know if I will be out Tuesday night since I am having 2 teeth pulled that day so maybe I will see you at the race into the new year if you are there.