Thursday, December 4, 2008

Whee 4 miles!! (well..3.92)

I had a wonderful run tonight. I was a bit nervous given the soreness of my quads from all the lovely wall balls and squats yesterday. I headed out with Ruth and Mike and cruised right along. I was even able to partake in conversation fairly easily during the first mile and a half. I was amazed. When I got to the playground (my normal 3 mile turnaround), I made the decision to do 4 miles tonight. I felt good, I felt strong, and my spirits were high. Mike was kind enough to accompany me on my journey. It was very nice to have companionship and company along the route. I lose sight of that from time to time. I thought i would share my mile splits from tonight, because I really felt like I did well. Mile 1: 12:51, Mile 2: 12:27, Mile 3: 13:16, Mile 4 (well .92 miles) 11:35. I would like to have an average closer to a 12/12:20, but all with due time and consistency. Yeah for completing a 4-miler not on a Saturday, and in the chilly weather!

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Awesome job last night! What time do we meet Saturday? Thanks, Carmen

BOCA said...

I think we are meeting at 7 in the Kohl's parking lot at 96th and Riverside. Check the Runners World blog or website hopefully they will post that. Although I think a bunch of them went to TX to do the Sunmart 50K....

Bobby said...

Woo Hoo! Good run.