Saturday, December 6, 2008

Nice December Morning

I decided to forego the group run this morning and venture out on my own. It was the 7AM call time that I wanted to avoid, I felt the need to "sleep in" which means I didn't get up til 7:30. So I headed out to 31st and Riverside and decided to do the 4.5 mile Zink loop. Well the loop itself is only like 4.3 miles so I started to loop again so I could get to 4.5...I like nice round numbers. It was really quite peaceful out. I took the camera with me to try to capture some great Tulsa shots. Here's what came out:

This is me before starting trying to give my "I'm serious about this" look. This is above Riverside on the great pedestrian bridge that crosses the road.
I really like this picture for the photography aspects. I love the sun reflection and the spacing of the buildings. I like the date on my pictures but wish I would have removed that feature for this shot. I like that it's difficult to tell if it's taken at Sunrise or Sunset....
This would be a photo (had i removed the date feature) that I would totally enter into a competition. I saw this just after the wooden bridge on the west side of the path and found the clarity of the mirror image of the bridge just breathtaking. Then you add in the hint of sunlight in the picture and moments like this are just few and far between. I was glad to be out for a jog this morning to be able to observe this sight and have the camera to capture it for others.


This is me, grinning and bearing a weak run from mile 2.5 to 3.5, but ready to trek on to complete the last mile. On the positive side, I was feeling quite good about my running, that I felt that I was able to complete 2 miles with relative ease. It is important, as Mike and I discussed Thursday evening, to note the "cans" or running as often if not more so than the "can'ts".

Lastly, I stopped to grap this shot of downtown from the west side of the pedestrian bridge. Again mhy favorite aspect is the clarity of the refelection of the buildings. I also could go into a lot of depth about my interpretation of the symbolism of this tree that stands alone in the foreground, but I will refrain. It is the poet/scrapbooker/photographer in me that finds this photo very thought provoking and reflective. I hope that you will find it enjoyable and intriguing as well.

Overall, it was an average run for me. I finished the 4.5 miles in about 58 minutes. My average pace was 13:01/mile, which although slow...is indeed close to my overall average and abilitiy, at least for now....

2 comments:

meg said...

Love the bridge picture. The effect is really cool!

Bobby said...

Nice photography. Hope you don't mind if I save about three of those. Every run is not about speed but about enjoying life and the ability to get out there.