Saturday, November 8, 2008

6 Whole Miles

What a beautiful morning for a run!! Okay, so I could have done without the wind gusts out of the North, but...overall was a great outing for me. I have start by saying thanks to TATUR Dave and Mike for chit chatting with me making the miles just quickly tick by. The first mile was spent primarily with Dave learning and trying to grasp his game plan for his pacing with Kathy later in the day. His response of "i'll only be pacing her for like 30 miles" just made me laugh. Gosh what a slacker...ONLY 30 miles....My response of course was "how on earth do you do that?" It was comforting to hear the response of "I'm not really sure". That's exactly how I felt when my trusty Garmin beeped at the 6 mile marker. I'm not really sure how I did that distance today. Not only did I do the distance, thanks to Mike hanging with me for the first 4 miles (I walked from 4-5) I finished with an average pace of 13:12/mile. I was elated!!! Seriously. My legs feel a little like jelly, but so incredibly awesome. I'm ready to face the 1/4 maraton head on next Sunday.

I do have to send big time kudos out to SONYA. I am not really sure she understands how much she inspires me. She is always in a great mood with an upbeat spirit. I think she also has to be one of the most consistent people out there pounding the pavement. I think she's AWESOME!! and can't wait to hear about her marathon finish!!

I wish a great day and weekend to everyone. Hope the pavement is passing quickly for Ken and Kathy and anyone else out there on the 100 miler...

No comments: