Wednesday, November 19, 2008

If you can't laugh at yourself what can you laugh at??

Last night wasn't as chilly as I expected which is a good thing. I made the decision to do a 2-miler, but try to continue to push myself with speed, since I was going to go "light" on distance. I did well for myself. I finished with an average pace of 12:20/mile. I would like to continue to see that pace decrease to be closer to 12 over 3-4 miles. But...the highlight of yesterday was receiving pictures of myself on Sunday's Rt 66 quarter run from Ken. Man, do I need to work on my posture or what? I talked to my trainer about it..and he was like "duh Sandra, why do you think we are doing all these core muscle exercises?" Okay, so those weren't his exact words, but I told him I thought we were doing it because it was a fun form of torture. So please enjoy a few laughs at these pictures as I know I did:



This is me doing the smile on command. Thanks Kathy!!


This is me knowing the picture is coming, but I also know I get the chills after a run, so putting the jacket back on before the wind takes hold. I know very appealing!! HAHA!

Have a Great Thursday run everyone. I will be in Chicago learning what cold and windy is really like....

See you next Tuesday!!

3 comments:

Bobby said...

I need to work on the core stuff also but I hate it with a passion.
I am always slumped over in my running pictures.

Ethiopian Elites said...

Looks like you need some work on your smile muscles. Having to assist yourself with your fingers is a bad sign. :)

At least you finished your race upright. Not like Erin, who had to crawl!

We will miss you Thursday.

meg said...

I can relate! I hate the way I look when I run! I need to be more runnergenic! Have a safe trip to the windy city and stay warm!!