Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Taught Mike Something.....

Now if only I could remember what it was, so I could put it on here. How funny is that. I can even remember where the moment occurred..it was past the wooden bridge but before the very large tree on the right. Anyway...if I catch up with Mike on Sunday maybe I will ask him to remind me what it was that I taught him tonight.

Tonight's run...well I started and finished. Considering the grueling workout I had with the trainer yesterday that alone is an accomplishment. During my training session I reminded Andrew, the trainer, that I had the "big run" on Sunday. He said eh the workout today shouldn't affect that. So I was expecting a workout that was heavy on arm and abs...OH foolish foolish me....it was all about squats (of course there were the obligatory push ups, but)...C"MON!!! So today has been a day of drinking very little to avoid excess trips to the bathroom as squatting is one of the most difficult things to do. I have to say that I have not felt my inner thigh muscles in a while and I definitely know they are present. So starting out on the run tonight...i felt like a snail, but was thankful I was able to move forward and not necessarily in reverse.

So...Sunday is right around the corner. Signing up for the quarter marathon on a whim may have been a very wise decision. I am soo stoked about the accomplishment I am soon to achieve. I wish everyone running this weekend (whether in an event or not) a great run and a good time within your own head. Running to me is a great way of meditating :).

Remember everyone....happy feet :)

3 comments:

Bobby said...

Good luck on your run. And wishing you many many more.

T Z said...

Love reading your stories. I know there'll be another good read on your blog on Monday.

meg said...

I'll be looking for you tomorrow. Maybe we can get Ruth to join us for the next race. Stay warm!!!!