Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Personal Training Update

I thank TU for having such a great deal on personal training. I almost missed my 7 AM session this morning. Fortunately my dog makes a great alarm clock and knows my schedule better than I do. Woke up at 6:25 with just enough time to take the dog outside for his morning jaunt around the yard and put on the good ol' workout clothes. Then off to the TU gym. It's amazing..students can use this great facility for FREE and there were only 2 people there. Anyway...I digress...get to the gym this morning and there's the trainer, Andrew, all smiles and ready to kick my butt. We start of with some loosening up moves...which actually feel pretty good. Then it's off to do 2 laps around the track for a warm-up. I am not sure I would be able to do more than 4 laps around the track (takes 8 for a mile) as it was quite repetitive and with very few people to "people watch" I get stuck in the thoughts in my head. Nice short run finished...off to the "room of death" okay not really but sure does feel that way at times.

First stop, row machine. I do have to admit that I find the row machine quite therapeutic. Well that is until I am given a distance and a time limit, but still...I dig it. Then out comes the piece of torture. I am not how many people have died on a Bosu Ball, but I thought I was going to this morning. I had been on a bosu ball before when you stand on the ball part while doing things like bicep curls. But to my surprise, Andrew flipped it over I had to stand on the black flat part and do squats. I have never had my legs shake so bad in my life!!! no exaggeration. Of course I did some yelping (sorry to anyone else who might have been in the gym) but got through my 15 squats. Then it was on to my favorite...push-ups. I hate push-ups...it is definitely funny though to just sit there in the "ready"position and see the sweat beads falling off my head. I have to envision that I am stranded in the desert and those sweat beads are the only form of water I can get...then dip down (the push-up part) and think how gross it is and push away. I know sick the head games i play huh. It is after all 80% mental. Andrew then guided me through several more exercises before getting to do everything again.

I have been warned that my legs may be a bit tired/sore tomorrow for the run with the group, but you know as Andrew says "pain is weakness leaving the body", so I will be there with a grin.

Let the adventure to good health continue...

3 comments:

Bobby said...

"pain is weakness leaving the body".
I must be loosing a lot of weakness since I am in pain all the time. Sounds like a good workout, and free! What a deal.

BOCA said...

I feel the same way about losing weakness...ha ha....but that's what he keeps saying when i say this is causing pain...ha ha

Bobby said...

You've been tagged by me. You must post your sixth picture from your
sixth picture folder and give a comment about the picture.