Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quarter Marathon...CHECK


I did it. I finished the quarter marathon today. This medal is mine all mine. I have to say it was a really great run for me today. I had the goal of finishing in under 1:30. I am so proud of myself that I finished in under 1:25 (at least according to my Garmin, can't wait to see the "official" result time). I have to say that I am very proud of all the Runners World gang. Everyone looked so great, and it was so great to have the group cohesion at the start of the race. Although it was chilly, I greatly enjoyed the laughter and laidbackness of all the Runners World crew in the make-shift Runners World tent. This has to be one of my first "event" runs that I finished feeling very positive and upbeat.

Now what? Well...I plan on keeping it at. I have my eye on the Lawrence, KS half marathon on April 19th. I need to stay in my positive running place and just keep at running. I do think my personal training is paying off as well, as it is helping with my posture which is helping me to breathe better (at least tha tis my thought process at this moment). I do hope everyone else had an enjoyable run, and has taken part of the day today to revel in the accomplishments that we all achieved.

Thank you to the whole Runners World crew for the positive atmosphere and support!! I look forward to meeting the "new" training group for the 1/2 marathon in April. I also look forward to seeing everyone's fun pictures from the day.

4 comments:

Susan Michaels said...

That is awesome! I wanted to finish my quarter in a 1:30 but got a 1:35 oh well I did PR from last years quarter of 1:49. I want to do the OKC half again in April which I loved doing last year and hope my heart DR. will let me do again.

Ethiopian Elites said...

Congratulations! You did great. I can't wait to start back up training

Bobby said...

Keep on running. You did awesome and will get even better. More endurance will come. A half is a great goal.

Cassy Russell said...

Good job, Sandra! Glad to read you aren't stopping at the 1/4 but are going for the 1/2.