Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stupid Garmin...okay stupid garmin user

Well at least my ability to correctly operate (meaning hit start) my Garmin happened tonight and not during some event that I really wanted to post my "actual" time. Was a decent run for me tonight. I have been making myself do the lovely strength exercises on the Wii Fit (which i have absolutely no strength). Well I spent some time doing the lunges and well let's just say my legs are feeling it. So...i was a little concerned how the run would go, but seemed to go okay. I had a little more awareness of my achilles and calves today than usual, but I figure that's just my body's response to my quads feeling a bit tender. Tomorrow is Wednesday, which means i have a trainer appointment at 7AM...hope he goes easy on me, so I can complete the quarter marathon on Sunday.

I hate that I feel the need to say "I'm only doing the quarter"...that's just not right. I know there are the supercools doing the full marathon and I truly sit in awe of anyone that can complete 26.2 miles at one time. I hope to maybe work up to that some day, but don't want to minimize my own accomplishment of completing 6.55 miles at one time. It will be mighty chilly and anyoone that is out there on Sunday is accomplishing something!

6 comments:

T Z said...

Sandra, you are doing great in your running. Never ever think of it as "only" a quarter, a 10K, or whatever distance. Truth is, you are pushing yourself just a little out of the comfort zone, and you are winning the battle. Ace this test, and you will, and you can pick out another target distance. I, as will Kathy, be thrilled to help you as you progress. You are an inspiration.

simulatedme said...

It's not the distance you do, it's the doin you do. Rock on

Bobby said...

All distances are tough if you have never done it before. Not too long ago a half mile was just as tough as what I am doing now. If you keep at it you will look back and think about your miles now as being short. But until then they are long. You can do it!!!

Candice said...

I have to agree... it's not "only" a quarter! And it's still a whole heck of a lot more than what most people (including me) will be doing on Sunday!

Just take it one step at a time, and you will do great!

BOCA said...

Aren't you guys all so sweet and encouraging. I am grateful that I have the health to even be able to attempt anything....

Susan Michaels said...

I too am only doing the quarter but hey I am proud of us all that are doing something.
my health will eventually let me do another half marathon.