Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Wrap-Up


Wow..it's amazing how quick a week can go by. I was very excited Thanksgiving morning to do the run on Riverside. I decided to play "Ken In Training". So here are some of the photos of the event on Thursday.


Here, some of the Runners World crew gathers to discuss the nice warm weather (okay so it was a little chilly, but bright and sunny day for a run!!









So the sun angle was awful here...but this is the crowd anxiously awaiting the start. If you look through all the people, you might possible see Mayor Kathy Taylor. All I remember is she was wearing blue (GO JAYHAWKS!!!)














I was sooo very excited to see Linda and Sue there. I am hoping they will sign up to train for the April Marathon/half-marathon. Both are such light-hearted and good-natured people. Yeah Them!!








I took this while trotting along, so I am very excited that it's not just a giant blur. This was taken on Riverside as the upper and lower routes merged heading toward the 23rd street bridge. There was a lot of "jockeying" for position still at this point...I felt like a superstar to still be in a crowd :).





Finally, the good ol' Trail Zombie passes me, but I had to take the moment to demonstrate my new photo taking abilities.












Another "while running" photo...much more blurred, but given that it was around mile 3, I was glad to be able to 1) be moving, and 2) have enough mental capacity to take the pic....to get Roman and I think he said his nephew. It's interesting though. At this point, Roman asks "How's your run?" In the moment "ughh" is all I could respond. Really though, in the big scheme of it all I did the 4.25 in 54:59 (yup under 55) so for me that is really a decent run. I had just lost the crowd and felt pretty isolated when I crossed paths with him. Just reinforces that running is all about yourself.


As I crossed the bridge over Riverside, I thought it was great to see so many people hanging around and shooting the bridge and sharing thanks with each other after the run. What a great event and beautiful day for a run.






Well I was going to post some of my pictures from the rest of Thanksgiving weekend, but think I will wait for another day. I do feel the need to post this last one though. This is my car in Pittsburg, KS this morning (11/30/08).

3 comments:

T Z said...

Nice batcha pics. I'll let you in on a secret. One of the reasons I take my camera along on races is so that I don't appear to be a slacker for stopping....I'm just "taking pictures".

Bobby said...

Too early for snow. Did you see the snow in Tulsa this morning (Monday)?

BOCA said...

I did see the snow this morning..UGHH...I was glad to see the sunshine this afternoon. Went out for a "run" but it wound up being a walk due to not taking the inhaler and the cold weather made my lungs feel 1/2 the size...