Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ode to the Mediocre Run

It's so much easier to sit down and reflect on the "good" or invigorating runs, rather than the mediocre runs. I don't dare call them bad, because not showing up would be considered a bad run to me. It was great to see everyone tonight after being out of town for the last 2 runs. I was excited to show up tonight too to hear the buzz about the run thanksgiving morning. I need to do that run just to be aware of what I put in my mouth. I eat so much better on workout days because I don't want to put in all that effort and blow it for a couple bites of food. I started off feeling pretty good for about the first mile tonight. Then the lovely leg workout with the trainer from yesterday started to kick in. My quads, hamstrings, thighs, and gluts felt like junk around 1 1/2 miles. So felt like I was lifting lead on the way back to the car. I know in the long run the training helps tons with my running. I think it has improved my posture, therefore breathing, tremendously while running. Oh well...every run can't be stellar. I almost didn't write about tonight's run, but I think it's important to log those runs that aren't so great as well as the ones that make you feel like a superstar. I do thank all of you fellow runners out there with smiles on your faces...helps to keep the spirits up. Hope to see many of you Thursday morning! For those of you I don't...Happy Thanksgiving!!! Gobble Gobble!

3 comments:

Cassy Russell said...

It's great to read that you eat better on your running days. I tend to do just the opposite! Have a good Gobble Day!

Bobby said...

I seem to have more bad runs than good runs. When the good ones do come they feel great.

meg said...

I'm glad i'm not the only one who has "those days". I guess in my mind i'm a kenyan, but my body says no, middle age woman dummy!! Just be thankful we have the strength and health to do this!!!!